Scripting News: Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Thinking about WordPress this morning, APIs and feeds.#
This last year I've caught up with WordPress, have been asking questions, and one of the best thing about my work with Automattic is that the doors have been open. I have great teachers who are encouraging me, and of course are experts in and proud of WordPress, and as a result I think FeedLand and WordPress are going to work together in some very nice ways. Getting pretty close on some of it.#
A year ago I didn't even know that WordPress still had APIs. At some point the code I had that worked with WordPress via the MetaWeblog API broke, and I assumed that it was the end of the line, and took the feature out of my linkblogging tool. But I was wrong. And not only that there was Calypso, a modern REST interface, that works in the same model I use for FeedLand and Drummer. It's all there. I love it. All kinds of integrations will be possible. #
Getting FeedLand to work in the new environment has been a step by step process. It was built to run on a Digital Ocean server, with a file system. I've converted now all the pieces we needed, and it seems finally to run smoothly.#
Onward! #

Linkblog items for the day.

The Red State Brain Drain Isn't Coming. It's Happening Right Now. newrepublic.com
Copyright 1994-2023 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 11/23/2023, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"Yeah well, that's just, you know, like, your opinion, man."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 1 month, 15 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024