Scripting News: Tuesday, February 6, 2024

This is the first pitch I've heard for the Apple goggles that actually makes me want to buy a pair. If there were an Apple Store nearby I probably would have already gotten it.#
I'm reading Liz Cheney's book, and forgot something I had guessed during the insurrection. While it was going on Trump was calling Congresspeople saying if you stop the count I'll call off the attack. In other words, trade your life for a vote. I suspected it before, but they have testimony that verifies it.#
I asked ChatGPT to draw a "social network for writers." ❤️#
I'm doing some writing about writing and finding the phrase "RSS, Atom and RFD" too cumbersome. Most people don't care and see the distinctions as unnecessary. But I want to be accurate, and recognize that while RSS is the most-used kind of feed, there are others, and our software works with them. I'm trying this construction: "RSS-compatible." I think that expresses the most important point, the choice of format is up to you, but now, by 2024, they all work pretty much the same way. #
Good morning. The main static server I mentioned yesterday has been relocated to a fresh, new and apparently healthy server to perform its past duties. We're off to a good start this Tuesday morning. #

Linkblog items for the day.

Stop Wearing Vision Pro Goggles While Driving Your Tesla, U.S. Says. nytimes.com
Andrew Hickey says Spotify and podcasts don't mix well. I totally agree. patreon.com
Tesla Strikes Deal with Choice Hotels to Install Thousands of EV Chargers. driveteslacanada.ca
Trump has no immunity from prosecution in Jan. 6 trial, appeals court rules. wapo.st
Bluesky opens to the public. wapo.st
A Major Polling Firm Has Signed Up to Help Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Campaign. motherjones.com
We used to listen to Saturday Night Fever when I was in Madison in the mid 70s. Listening to the music now, so many years later, I can relive the wonderful feelings of those days. youtube.com
I like it when developers are straight about their motivations and responsibilities. I try to do the same. inessential.com
I've actually been enjoying Nets games now that they're over the "win now" philosophy. Last nights game with the Warriors was excellent. nypost.com
Just thought of a place in San Jose I used to like, apparently closed in 2017. yelp.com
Goofy 'God's Army' convoy on Texas border shows Trump's MAGA movement is just one long con. usatoday.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 2/7/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"You should never argue with a crazy man."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 4 months, 1 day, 10 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024