Scripting News: Sunday, March 31, 2024

Tomorrow is, of course, April 1 -- when people on the net lie about the people they hate and call it humor.#
An advantage of using an outliner to edit a blog, is that you can easily split one post into several because they're edited in one document. Or move a paragraph from one story to another with drag and drop. In a page-oriented editor, you get to focus on the writing for one page, but navigating outside that post is more jarring, a writer more easily loses the train of thought. I've been writing in an outliner almost exclusively for decades, only now considering the writing world outside. Learning a lot.#
I start a fresh outline for this blog on the first of every month, so tomorrow I will archive my blog.opml file on GitHub, start a new month, and delete the previous month. I've been doing that since 2017, when I finally forever gave up trying to interop with the great blogging silos (ie Twitter and Facebook mainly). I think outlining is like double-diamond skiing, but for writing. #
I asked ChatGPT to illustrate a post I wrote yesterday.#

Linkblog items for the day.

Nine years ago I pleaded with Facebook to support Markdown. facebook.com
I still want an EZ-Pass for news. scripting.com
How the Atlantic Went From Broke to Profitable in Three Years. wsj.com
Tens of thousands of Israeli protesters call for Netanyahu's removal. theguardian.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 4/1/2024, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"Still diggin!"
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 5 months, 25 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024