Scripting News: Tuesday, April 2, 2024

We're starting to test the blogroll software with a few users, but we hit a problem before we began. The blogroll code includes the CSS for the Bootstrap Toolkit. I use it as if it were part of the OS, but not everyone does, and it changes the global values of things. So when you install it on a page that has its own ideas how things should work, you can get an unpleasant effect (to put it mildly). So I created a localized subset of Bootstrap's styles, to be a better guest in other people's pages. That is now done. I expect we'll see more of that kind of thing. Web plugins are a new area for me. I guess that's pretty obvious. #
The runner from the 1984 ad is perfect. This is what she looks like. #
I can't stand to look at images of Trump or his followers. Fed up with it. I want our own heroes. #
When I see a picture of Trump, and they are impossible to avoid, I will envision a washed out picture of a dead dictator on a screen and the runner slinging the hammer at the image and it crashing. #
She represents life and strength. She is the America I love. #

Linkblog items for the day.

The Miseducation of Kara Swisher. thebaffler.com
Google Podcasts is gone — and YouTube Music can't replace it. theverge.com
Google is the one entity you must trust above all. No way around it. this.how
Google who claims to be looking out for everybody else's privacy turns out, of course, is the biggest privacy invader that has ever existed. apnews.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 4/3/2024, 12:00:05 AM Eastern.
"If it doesn't have a feed it isn't a podcast."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 5 months, 27 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 5 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024