Scripting News: Friday, August 9, 2024

Today I got my Hello World app for ChatGPT working. #
I'm really excited about maybe finally getting my archive of Scripting News and DaveNet stuff, dating back to 1994, into ChatGPT before too long. Some people will be surprised to find that they're in the archive. If this works it'll be like the index in the back of a large book. I know I've tried this before, but this time I think I'll be able to do it myself and fuss over it and learn from it the way I do software development. Converting a very large work of writing into a reference, I hope. #
1995: "There was nothing rehearsed about Jerry Garcia."#
Lawrence is the new Rachel.#
What we call journalism in the US isn't.#
Any news org with cash to invest could do to the NYT what ChatGPT is doing to Google. #
4-minute podcast about my first venture into ChatGPT via its API. #
There's an accompanying GitHub repo, with an example app in JavaScript that runs in the browser.#
Includes instructions for setting up and funding a developer account, which was the biggest hurdle. #
Functionality: It tells you who Bull Mancuso is. #
Much excitement as I think about integrations I can now do. #
Don't know why I waited so long. 😄#

Linkblog items for the day.

Ignore the NY Times. balloon-juice.com
What makes a blog a blog. google.com
Podcast: My first ChatGPT app. 4 minutes. scripting.com
This startup's plan makes me nauseous. As if the big problem in AI is compensating rentiers for their supposed losses due to AI apps. The information that news reports on does not belong to anyone. Bill Gross already has enough money. Instead, maybe he should find innovative ways to give it away. arstechnica.com
Lawrence: 'Stupidest' candidate Trump did not answer reporters' questions. youtube.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 8/10/2024, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"We don't need no stinkin rock stars."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 10 months, 3 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024