Scripting News: Monday, November 13, 2023

Bluesky has a hidden feature no one knows about yet. 😄#
Mastodon is like CP/M. Bluesky is like the Apple II. Threads is like the IBM PC (though not nearly as open). And Twitter is.. hmmm.#
You know I don't always like the same soda. Sometimes it's Diet Coke, and other times, Diet Dr Pepper. But for the last year or so the drink of choice around these parts is Fresca. But you know what's funny. No matter what my favored drink is, it's always the one you can't get at the local supermarket. Always sold out. Very weird.#
I just got a link to a story on The Information about my longtime friend Guy Kawasaki. We had a couple of great adventures together, early in our careers, and I'll never forget the moment when he gave me the idea that blasted my company out of poverty to success. I would have loved to read the article, but to do so I'd have to sign on, and I'm sure they would sell my address, and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to subscribe. So as much as it pained me, I hit the back button and wrote this post to say I would have been happy to spend $1 to read the article, and authenticate myself with a service I control (ie no selling my identity thank you). We've been around this block so many times. The writing world of the web is full of disappointment like this. I've written this post 100,000 times by now. #

Linkblog items for the day.

Getting emotional with ChatGPT could get you the best outputs. windowscopilot.news
Peloton, the NBA and WNBA announce new multi-year partnership to create special access and experiences for peloton members and fans. nba.com
Elon Musk and the Value of Failure. freebeacon.com
In a first, cryptographic keys protecting SSH connections stolen in new attack. arstechnica.com
Copyright 1994-2023 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 11/14/2023, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"So, it has come to this."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 1 month, 6 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024