Scripting News: Monday, July 29, 2024

Like cholesterol, there's "good weird" and "bad weird." I think we all know which kind of weird the Repubs are. #
Here's a perfect illustration how ChatGPT can improve customer relations. I bought an iPhone that I now don't need, and it's arriving today via FedEx. I wanted to know whether I should just refuse delivery, or accept it and then return it. Obviously it's easier for me to refuse. I asked ChatGPT and it gave me a detailed reply. Apple's chatbot saw it as a "technical" question and wasn't prepared to help. Sales support is one of those applications where cost is totally justified. A human helper would cost a lot more I imagine than a LLM chat system. I tried calling 1-800-CALL-APPLE and talked to a human who was very nice, but couldn't find anything in her manual about refusing delivery. #
Is there anyone here within earshot who is involved in doing the web stuff for the Harris campaign?#

Linkblog items for the day.

RSS Feeds: Your Gateway to Enhanced Visibility of Your Legal Content, Articles, Insights and Blogs. lexblog.com
Carol Moseley Braun was just interviewed on MSNBC. wikipedia.org
Arizona Republicans should vote for Kamala Harris, GOP mayor says. azcentral.com
President Biden Announces Bold Plan to Reform the Supreme Court and Ensure No President Is Above the Law. whitehouse.gov
Unread Now Available for Mac. goldenhillsoftware.com
Biden's speech might turn out to be a Gettysburg type speech. scripting.com
Just a week ago, it seems, a new America began. substack.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 7/30/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"What a long strange trip it's been."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 9 months, 22 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024