Scripting News: Monday, September 30, 2024

If I were benevolent dictator of Mastodon, I'd add Markdown support everywhere so we'd have links and simple styling. #
If I were benevolent dictator of BlueSky, I'd add Markdown support there too. Btw, can you really claim to be part of the social web when you don't support the web's most basic feature -- linking??#
If I were Mark Zuckerberg, I'd add Markdown support to Threads so writers could use the basic communication tool of the web. #
And finally, if I were the czar of ActivityPub, I'd add Markdown support to the spec because it ain't the web if you can't link in your writing. Maybe even invent some new kinds of links, after all it's been 35 years since the first web was invented. #
New episode from the Podcast0 feed about the open source release of Frontier, still the most powerful scripting environment ever. Someday the ideas in this product will be commonplace. And I would love to use a Linux port if anyone is so inclined. #

Linkblog items for the day.

Pete Rose, baseball phenom who was banned for gambling, dies at 83. pbs.org
Doc Searls: Post flow. searls.com
Mets rally past Braves in Game 1 thriller, clinch NL playoff spot. espn.com
This is the WordPress view of my linkblog. Also appears on Bluesky, Mastodon, Twitter, Threads, my blog and of course RSS. wordpress.com
We're only beginning to understand the historic nature of Helene's flooding. arstechnica.com
Republican Couple Records Kamala Harris Ad, Threats Follows. phillymag.com
Harris Says She Backs Legalizing Marijuana. politicalwire.com
CBS should just scroll the factcheck data through the bottom of the screen in real time. Don't make people go to the website. This isn't hard. nytimes.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 10/1/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"Slow down to hurry up."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 11 months, 24 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024