Scripting News: Thursday, July 30, 2026

Claude doesn't iterate over UI design. It doesn't have eyes or have a human mind. It can't evaluate a design. It works best when you can present the whole design before it writes a any code. That does happen, for example when porting a product across OSes. #
I wonder if anyone else is writing about Claude from a similar point of view. I've been writing commercial software since the early 80s. I slogged through this stuff at a comparative snail's pace until early this year, when I got blasted into outer space. Now I had to learn how to make use of this incredible new physics. Puts me in something of a unique spot. I also have a very large library of under-marketed software, ready to grind through Claude, which I very much want to do. If you know of anyone writing about this kind of stuff, let me know. #
I've been saying this for decades. The Dems need touring comedians doing rallies all over the country. They can say whatever they want, call the president a commie. There's been a comedy-gap.#
Linkblog items for the day
Zelensky Asked Trump for a Favor From Elon Musk.

theatlantic.com
How Anti-ICE Protesters Became Prisoners in Trump’s War on Antifa.

motherjones.com
A directory of people who love RSS.

iheartrss.com
Three of Summer’s Best Thrillers.

nytimes.com
Has anyone asked the Russians in Congress what crimes they think Fauci committed. One thing is for sure he saved a lot of American lives.

thehill.com
tinyFeedReader: A minimal feed reader in a Node package. I wrote this little app a little over a year ago and can’t remember why.

github.com
Copyright 1994-2026 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 7/31/2026, 12:00:02 AM Eastern.
"Just passin' thru"
This blog has been running for: 31 years, 9 months, 22 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 2 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

中华人民共和国2023年国民经济和社会发展统计公报

Dynamic Parameters in Oracle APEX REST Data Source Synchronizations

🔥 (#199) Async without await, SSR safe directives, custom directives, and more