Scripting News: Monday, August 24, 2026
Good morning sports fans!#
One reason I want AI-assisted writing to be identifiable is that it devalues the idea of Claude et al to be quoted in public. What can it teach us? What it is relative to a human being. I know the doubters sniff at that, but it really is like an alien life form, it's the first such example, it kind of did evolve from us, but it has its own way, things it's really strong at and things it utterly fails at. I for one want to study this! What a unique experience. It can also give a summary of what we've been trying to say for forty years and have never managed to put into words. I'd say that's something I should feel comfortable publishing, but right now I don't. Maybe I just have to get over that. #
Learned something yesterday. Couldn't believe how stupid Claude had become, as I've been writing about here, and then I noticed that I was using Opus 5 and not Fable 5. So I switched back and all of a sudden Claude is smart again. So I conclude that there's a very substantial difference between the two. It's overnight jobs were done more carefully and the report it produced is literate, understandable, and tracks what we had agreed to. #
Linkblog items for the day
W Social uncovered: the reality behind the hype.
blog.elenarossini.com
US set for largest mass visa revocation in history.
apnews.com
This person, presumably a developer, will never use AI. First reason, you become dependent, is a true and valid concern. But other parts of their argument are not true. It’s really good at explaining things I already know about, where journalists and Wikipedia are awful in comparison.
corkmac.app
90,000 told to evacuate as wildfire approaches Reno, Nevada.
bbc.com
评论
发表评论