Scripting News: Friday, August 18, 2023

Today's song: Bell Bottom Blues.#
Warning, spoilers below. You have been warned! 😄#
I'm finally watching House of the Dragon -- the prequel of Game of Thrones. In Succession terms, it's as if they made a show about how Cousin Greg became such an interesting character. Or Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad. #
But: House of the Dragon is not well put together. I found it hard to get started, I rebelled against the new characters in the same location, Kings Landing, only 200 years earlier. Incongruous, distrurbing and invasive. Who are these people where's the Mother of Dragons and Cersei Lannister fighting for the throne. #
I eventually did plow through all that, and just when I was getting into the characters, boooom, they're 10 years older and they're played by new actors that don't look much like they did earlier, esp the star. It's like switching the Darrens on Bewitched only with a dozen or more characters all at the same time. Oy!#
And before you could begin to figure out who was who, they went straight into a Red Wedding type thing, and I have no idea who did what to who or why. #
Anyway, I'm now on the second to last episode and back into it. It's finally feeling like Game of Thrones, and I hope they don't blow it. #

Linkblog items for the day.

James Buckley, conservative politician and U.S. senator, dies at 100. wapo.st
Pixelfed is a free and open-source image sharing social network service. wikipedia.org
What's it take to make a great daily newsletter? niemanlab.org
I'm trying oat milk in my iced coffee, and so far I like it. clevelandclinic.org
Copyright 1994-2023 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 8/19/2023, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"Don't make me laugh."
This blog has been running for: 28 years, 10 months, 11 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024