Scripting News: Sunday, August 20, 2023

Now that social media apps like Mastodon have RSS feeds, we had to figure out how to display them in FeedLand. Here's an example, Matt Haughey's feed on Mastodon, as viewed in FeedLand. These posts, as you can see, have no titles. So we bold-up the first sentence, or if it's too long, a big part of it. They look different from titled posts, but now that we've lived with this for a few weeks, I think it works. Might still do some tweaks. #
Public Folder is a utility I depend on. Created when Dropbox eliminated its "public" folder. Works the same way, create, update or delete files in a special folder, and it syncs with a location on S3. Strictly doesn't have to be a public location, that's up to how S3 is configured. #
Since we're remembering tonight, don't forget that Google thinks it owns the open web, and if you act like you don't care, they do. #
Today would have been my mom's 91st birthday. #
I've been to Facebook a few times today, and there she is. They're asking if I remember. Yes, I do. As time passes my memory softens. #
We had differences, but she was my mother, and as I like to say, right after "Your mileage may vary and I am not a lawyer" -- my mother loves me. Which means at the base level, no matter how insecure I feel, that's a constant. #
It's been five years since her death. #
But as long as I'm here, her cause lives. ❤️ #
Dr Eve K Winer.#
PS: A podcast with her, my father and myself, on my 50th birthday, at a diner in Bayside, NY.#

Linkblog items for the day.

How do I save links for later? chriscoyier.net
Adobe co-founder John Warnock dies at 82. reuters.com
The Land of Imperfect Data. om.co
RSS Zero isn't the path to RSS Joy. danq.me
Twitter Deletes All User Photos And Links From 2011-2014. forbes.com
Their Reading Philosophy in 17 Guidelines. tracydurnell.com
Copyright 1994-2023 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 8/21/2023, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"If it doesn't have a feed it isn't a podcast."
This blog has been running for: 28 years, 10 months, 13 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024