Scripting News: Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Good morning sports fans!#
I'm working in another co-working place today, as I did yesterday and last week. I much prefer working at my house, where I can take a nap when I need a break, or just walk around and mutter out loud or scream in delight when something works that I didn't expect to. Or laugh out loud when I write something that amuses me, like right now. I'll just smile. Don't want to freak out the people around me. This idea of commuting to work kind of sucks. It's been a very long time since I did this. On the drive into work a guy cut in front of me merging into one lane (from two) with lots of advance warning. Okay I was a dick, I made it hard for him to do it, and the fucker hit my car! My beautiful Model Y. It was just the mirror, and it swiveled so there was no damage but what the fuck. This wasn't even NYC. I got a picture of his license plate. I honked my horn and yelled. Then I got over it. I admit I'm stressed having to work away from home while repairs are made on the house. As I used to say when I was hanging out in the lobby of the Unix server room at UW with my programming buddy Gary Sevitsky -- oh la -- which is a way of combinging WTF with a certain level of exhaustion mixed with a bit of resignment to the WTF-ness of everything. Last time I wrote about him I learned that he died. Sarov if you can hear me, I never forgot this philosophy. Okay I'm ready to begin my work day now, I think. 😄#
Gary Sevitsky gave me the idea that led to blogging. Here's the story.#
I wish YouTube had a Dropbox-like interface. Just drop a movie into a folder, and it takes care of everything else. I could write one, maybe someday.#

Linkblog items for the day.

Trump Stiffed His Co-Conspirators. politicalwire.com
LG's new 27-inch suitcase TV is weird. bgr.com
I did an interview with Andrew Keen today about the origins of blogging, RSS and podcasting. apple.com
These Hudson Valley Hiking Trails Are Filled With History & Ruins. hvmag.com
Trump has 10 days to voluntarily surrender in Georgia. talkingpointsmemo.com
A.I. Can't Build a High-Rise, but It Can Speed Up the Job. nytimes.com
2012: How blogging came to be. scripting.com
Trump, 18 others indicted for trying to overthrow 2020 Georgia election. ajc.com
Georgia grand jury indicts Trump in 2020 election interference probe. axios.com
Tell HN: t.co is adding a five-second delay to some domains. ycombinator.com
Copyright 1994-2023 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 8/16/2023, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"Shut up and eat your vegetables."
This blog has been running for: 28 years, 10 months, 8 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024