Scripting News: Thursday, December 21, 2023

This is the time of year every day feels like Saturday.#
People who don't program must not have any idea how much of a boon ChatGPT is to us programmers. #
I am doing CSS coding far in advance of my previous capability. When I know something is possible, but I haven't the slightest idea how to specify it, I just ask, in my own words. #
For example, a very common thing to want to do is to put a : after the text in the first column every row of a table. #
So I asked ChatGPT how to do it, in English, as I did above. This is what it came up with:#
    tr td:first-child::after {content: ":";}#
When you see it like that you can almost figure out what's going on if you squint and close one eye. #
And it works. I literally shrieked when it did. #
Now I am the boss of CSS.. #
Nice.#
A beautiful and weird visualization of FeedLand.#

Linkblog items for the day.

Substack says it will not remove or demonetize Nazi content. theverge.com
There Is No Originalist Case Against Disqualifying Trump. theatlantic.com
The Supreme Court can't be trusted to handle the Trump cases. slate.com
Why aren't all heaters computers? ycombinator.com
Accelerometer Experiments Clarify Einstein's Gravity Theory. medium.com
Copyright 1994-2023 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 12/22/2023, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"What a long strange trip it's been."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 2 months, 13 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024