Scripting News: Wednesday, January 31, 2024

After my experience creating an Ace editor instance in a Bootstrap modal dialog, which I narrated in a blog post and in the transcript with ChatGPT, I had a flash that maybe I could figure out how to use ChatGPT to port Frontier to Linux. The code still runs on reasonably current Macs, but not the latest. I really should be working on Linux not Mac. If it weren't for my dependence on Frontier, I would be. I actually think ChatGPT might be a great programming partner for a meaty operating-system-like project like this. #
I just started a FeedLand category for AI. Only one feed in there so far. I just want be sure I'm reading all the interesting stuff as it comes out. #
Looking for bloggers, developers, reporters, columnists, who focus on new applications of AI. Please post a link here. If you have the URL for a feed, that would be best. Thanks!#
As I was writing the post about using ChatGPT to port Frontier, which is a C program, runs on Mac and Windows, GPL licensed, to Linux. This took me to an interesting place. Could a bot, having read all the source code of MySQL, for example, then be tasked with writing a non-GPL MySQL workalike that would not be open source? Here's a list of popular GPL-licensed software. #
The Knicks are great now. They're exactly the Knicks we wanted, home-grown, smart, winners. Haven't felt this good about the team since Linsanity. "Next man up." #
JY Stervinou has a suggestion re the Forever problem. #

Linkblog items for the day.

People who get my blog via nightly email, there are new requirements from Google and Yahoo, and I have no freaking idea wtf they're talking about. If you have an idea, tell me what I have to do. Thanks. amazon.com
A developer's toolkit for OPML support. Node and browser-based JavaScript code that reads and writes OPML. github.com
Knicks taking fun to new level — and it's time to revel in it. nypost.com
Notes on Search and AI. tomcritchlow.com
Germany Has Finally Woken Up. nytimes.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 2/1/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"That rug really tied the room together."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 3 months, 26 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024