Scripting News: Saturday, February 24, 2024

It just occurred to me that I'm doing some of my best writing in ChatGPT, and I don't automatically get a copy of all that text somewhere I can access it if they go away. Also that writing is not going into any search engine. Normally I watch out for this, but they got me, and you, to write for them for free, and I pay them $20 a month for the privilege. However in balance it is worth it, at least in the short term.#
Unfortunately ChatGPT has been down just when I needed it for some SQL coding help, so I turned to Google's service, and then thought to paste the post above into it's tiny little text box, and see what it had to say. It suggests, among other things, that I reconsider whether ChatGPT is a good deal. Heh. 😄#

Linkblog items for the day.

Joe Biden gives the media a desperately needed lesson about Donald Trump. salon.com
Nazis mingle openly at CPAC, spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories and finding allies. (Thanks for not calling them neo-Nazis.) nbcnews.com
A lot of Redditors hate the Reddit IPO. theverge.com
Is it time to give up on old news? buzzmachine.com
These Embryos Are Five Years Worth of Money, Sadness, and Hope. glamour.com
STAT readers on older presidents. statnews.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 2/25/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"When in doubt, blog."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 4 months, 19 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024