Scripting News: Thursday, May 16, 2024

Poll 1 on Twitter, Mastodon, Threads: "If you're a developer, how much has ChatGPT or its equivalents affected the way you develop?"#
Poll 2 on Twitter, Mastodon, Threads: "Has ChatGPT replaced Google (or other search engine) when you look up something for a development project, environment, etc.?#
The thing that Casey Newton predicts for Google and news has already happened for the huge base of reference info and know-how for software development. We no longer go to the sources, don't need to, the ChatGPT version is an order of magnitude better. What we do need is people to keep asking and answering questions for each other, so the knowledge can be added into the AI database. We're going somewhere here. It's worth going there, imho, having experienced the before, and only starting to glimpse the now and near-future. But it's as big a step as the move to PCs, then GUIs, the web, mobile.#
Something I'd like from ChatGPT or a plug-in. I'd like to create a notebook of info I'd like it to have available for people who inquire about a product I'm developing. As I'm working on the code, I develop features that sometimes don't make it into the docs. But when I'm working on the feature, I take lots of notes in my work outline. I'd like to give that outline to a LLM and let it figure out which product I'm talking about by the context it appears in. Maybe all I have to do is publish the notes when the product comes out, and eventually, like a search engine, my favorite AI will crawl it. I wonder if it makes sense to somehow pre-digest it. I wish I had a panel of experts about this stuff, but I guess they'd have to be human, at least at this point in time. If this makes sense to you and you know how to get started, post a note here. #

Linkblog items for the day.

Supreme Court Justice Alito's House Displayed a 'Stop the Steal' Flag After Jan. 6. nytimes.com
Tesla must face fraud suit for claiming its cars could fully drive themselves. arstechnica.com
Kia is testing an electric pickup in the US. electrek.co
The Age of AI Ambiguity. om.co
Albert Wenger: "We urgently need a 'proof of humanity' system that really scales, is truly decentralized and fully open source." twitter.com
Dan Rather interviews Ringo Starr. youtube.com
If you subscribe to my feed you should also subscribe to Ben Werdmuller. I'm interested in every one of his posts, so I guess you would be too. werd.io
I now have a "gravatar" that's consistent with the favicon for all my sites. gravatar.com
Jing Jing was famous in the early blogosphere as house of spicy noodles. sfgate.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 5/17/2024, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"It's even worse than it appears."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 7 months, 10 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024