Scripting News: Friday, June 21, 2024

The best software does one thing well, that a lot of people want to do, that there is no other way to do. I've never seen this, but it's the ideal.#
There's a new kitten to keep track of -- Wordle Kitty. When I need to score a big win, I turn Wordle over to this kitten and she does a kickass job while remaining as cute as can be. #
Thanks for all the good advice via email and Mastodon re best way to record an interview podcast in 2024. I'm really getting into this. I'm definitely going to come up with a nice pure podcast feed for Scripting News. But first I have some new software to ship. 😄#
Bruce Schneier has a new blog moderation policy. Everyone should have one. #
More and more I see comments, unless explicitly asked for, as spam that I'd disable if I could. #
Most of the energy in social networks these days goes into keeping the garbage out of replies. If originators had stronger tools, there would be less work for the platform to do, and overall happier people. #
On Facebook, I often limit comments to friends, who don't tend to spam, presumably because we like to stay on good terms, and spam is an imposition, at best, and often insulting.#

Linkblog items for the day.

RSS: The forgotten protocol that still matters​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​. joanwestenberg.com
Putin threatens to arm North Korea, warns U.S. ally South against 'big mistake.' nbcnews.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 6/22/2024, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"That rug really tied the room together."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 8 months, 15 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024