Scripting News: Tuesday, June 18, 2024

My second Podcast0 episode is up. Here's the RSS 2.0 feed. And the page for the episode on Apple Podcasts.#
I'm highly motivated to support the newly released Threads API, but a quick look indicates that it's a fairly large project. All I want to do is cross-post, along with Masto and Bluesky. I did both those a loooong time ago. But I really want my links to go to threads, and also create a thread-writer for it like the one I did for Twitter and Bluesky. There's no shortage of really interesting projects now, so I think I'm going to have to wait to do this for a while. If anyone makes a really simple Hello World for Threads for Node.js that would make my day. 😄#
For people who use Electric Drummer. If you accidentally close a file that's open and want it to re-appear in its previous position, you can edit your prefs.json file. You can find it by choosing Open Data Folder from the File menu. You'll see prefs.json. Open it in a text editor, and make the changes you want -- carefully. Probably a good idea to make a copy of the file before editing. But I just did it and laughed out loud, why didn't I think of this before? Heh.#
My father, Leon Winer, would have been 95 today. #

Linkblog items for the day.

Baseball great Willie Mays dies at 93. bbc.com
Giants legend Willie Mays dies at 93. yahoo.com
Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love (Official Music Video). youtube.com
Addicted To Love, senior version. youtube.com
Virginia Exonerates Man After 45 Years in Prison. nytimes.com
How my 4 favorite AI tools help me get more done at work. zdnet.com
Jon Stewart Debunks GOP's City Crime Narrative. youtube.com
The great thing about outlining is that you can reorganize. That's why people invented index cards. But they are one-level outlines. Not nearly as useful as the multi-level reorganizable outlines on a computer. scripting.com
Trump has unveiled an agenda of his own. He just doesn't mention it much. wapo.st
You may not like Facebook the company, but they do great APIs and docs and example code. I haven't started reviewing this yet, but it looks like they've done an excellent job of laying down a crumb trail for developers to follow. github.com
DW's Podcast0 feed: My second podcast on Apple Podcasts. For some reason I'm kind of proud to conform to Apple's podcast rules. But of course the feed is available without help from Apple, as always. apple.com
Threads API docs. facebook.com
The Threads API is finally here. facebook.com
Threads finally launches its API for developers. techcrunch.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 6/19/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"It's even worse than it appears."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 8 months, 12 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024