Scripting News: Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Here's the new Scripting News podcast-only feed. #
And the FAQ for the feed, linked to in the feed.#
The Apple Podcasts page for the podcast feed.#
The page on feedland.com and feedland.org.#
How the logo for the podcast-only feed was designed.#
I turned to ChatGPT of course. It came breathtakingly close on the first attempt, but it repeated part of the story. Every time I asked it to fix a problem, it created another problem, and the image brightness was reduced, not just in terms of pixels but also the creativity of the image. Of course it isn't really creative. I know. Yadda yadda. #
Finally I got something that I could live with that I liked but was imperfect. I decided that since the motto of my blog is "It's even worse than it appears" that an obvious imperfection is totally consistent with the philosophy, and we move onward. As they say, still diggin!#
It's even worse th*@#it appears.#
The prompt for the image: "I'm sure you're aware of my blog, Scripting News, scripting.com. I am doing a new podcast feed for the blog. This feed is designed to get through Apple's submission process so it can be listed in their podcast database. One of the requirements is a 3000 by 3000 image that serves as a logo for the podcast. I need something simple and bold that says 'Scripting News podcast' and then 'With Dave Winer and friends' and 'It's even worse than it appears.' On a background of corn fields in Iowa viewed from the air."#

Linkblog items for the day.

My friends in the Bay Area who started Berkeleyside and Oaklandside, now have a sister pub for Richmond. richmondside.org
My friend Chuck Shotton says I should learn how to use this software. lmstudio.ai
Meta is connecting Threads more deeply with the fediverse. theverge.com
Assange is free—but his case will have a chilling impact. co.uk
Pastor's Admitted Child Sex Abuse Roils Hotbed of Christian Nationalism. texasobserver.org
"Wordpress has had that feature for years." I respond in a reply. mastodon.social
The Eternal Truth of Markdown. wired.com
I just learned that there's a limit to how much memory ChatGPT will allocate to your account. Instead of forcing me to delete memory, let me buy more. openai.com
This election is between a convicted criminal out for revenge and a president who delivers results for the American people. nytimes.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 6/26/2024, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"It's even worse than it appears."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 8 months, 19 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024