Scripting News: Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Timothy Snyder: "If JD Vance really were a normal midwestern guy he'd be very respectful of someone like Tim Walz."#
When I see a reference to an evil NYT piece, I RT it with a simple message: Ignore the NY Times. It's relaxing. You don't have to do something about it, in fact it says the opposite. Do nothing. It works on all social nets, and for any news org that's promoting lies, ignoring relevant facts, against the interest of the US. Find new ways to get informed. And if you can't find them, start one. And we can find each other. #
The Bruce Springsteen mention at last night's rally was no accident. Boomers are now of the age where we vote in great numbers. So our feeling like there's something here for us might make the difference in one or more of the swing states.#
Last night's Democratic rally was wonderful. I was laughing and sobbing all the way through it. What an emotional release. We needed and deserved this. Beyond hope, we're finally going to fight. I hope President Kamala is really up to it, because we have a pretty substantial cleanup job to do here. #
I have great respect for Hillary Clinton and supported her over Sanders in 2016. I also supported Biden because we needed to win in 2020.#
But we could have had a campaign team like the one we saw yesterday and today, with some very impressive presenters who've yet to take the stage, we could have had it in 2016. We didn't have to go through the tragedy of Trump.#
The Democrats are stage managing perfectly now. I never really thought we'd see this day, but here it is.#
Our favorite kitten is on the road with the Democrats.#

Linkblog items for the day.

Google Recorder is the perfect voice memo app, and great for the informal kind of podcast I do. Hats off to whoever designed it. Well done. google.com
The blogging world as viewed through my blogroll is for some reason much more interesting after the launch of the Harris/Walz ticket yesterday. Probably my mind playing tricks, again. 😀 blogroll.social
"With ChatGPT, OpenAI has effectively created a next-generation search engine. Instead of a list of links and ads, it provides an answer, increasingly the correct ones." om.co
The Fall of Berlin 1945. smays.com
Mozilla wants you to love Firefox again. fastcompany.com
Separate, unequal, and 'glorious.' cjr.org
Manton Reece ran a survey with users of micro.blog, here's his report. manton.org
Guy Kawasaki: How to Get a Standing Ovation. substack.com
Sam Newman dug up a piece I wrote in 2008 about a decentralized twitter. mastodon.social
How could someone like Nicholas Carlini not have an RSS feed. I'll never find my way back to his site, that's why I wanted my software to do it for me. Too bad, no feed. carlini.com
Nicholas Carlini: How I Use "AI". carlini.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 8/8/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"You can't fight not-normal with normal."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 10 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024