Scripting News: Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Interesting thread on a simple upgrade for any podcasting client that would create a network of tools people could use for subscribing and listening. I've tried to get people who make podcast clients to listen. Yes I am a user, but I also designed the technology, and did the first implementations, so I know what's possible.#

Linkblog items for the day.

Bluesky addresses trust and safety concerns around abuse, spam, and more, but when is the second instance coming? How can they claim to be distributed? techcrunch.com
The unreasonable effectiveness of simple HTML. shkspr.mobi
Podcast: Let's use feeds to hook together pieces of the twittersphere. scripting.com
Let's go on a ride on Hudson River bike path. (A number of years ago when I lived in NYC.) youtube.com
Shouting fire in a crowded theater. wikipedia.org
Bipartisan Legislators Join Calls for Clemency for Robert Roberson. texasobserver.org
Tupperware: Embattled food container firm files for bankruptcy. bbc.com
Powerful Harris ad about women's freedom. threads.net
WordCamp US & Ecosystem Thinking. ma.tt
The Worst Magazine In America. I subscribed to the Atlantic a couple of weeks ago, because I found myself reading a lot of their stories for free and decided to use the money I was spending on the Washington Post to broaden my horizons. currentaffairs.org
John Grisham on death row prisoner: 'Texas is about to execute innocent man.' theguardian.com
What Happens in Springfield Won't Stay in Springfield. nytimes.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 9/19/2024, 12:00:00 AM Eastern.
"When in doubt, blog."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 11 months, 12 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024