Scripting News: Monday, August 10, 2026

I was looking for a codename for a new scripting environment Claude and I are making attempting in every way to do exactly what Frontier does. But until it does that I need a nice name, memorable, maybe a bit magical and positive. Frontier has been gone, thought to be lost, but with the advent of Claude Code we were able to get it running again in current OSes on current hardware. I shouldn't call it Frontier because who knows if the end result will be compatible enough to claim that. But I want a codename that reflects hidden, forgotten and overlooked wealth. Like a civilzation that rose from the ashes," or as it turns out, the bottom of the ocean. #
Manton: "The way I think about RSS.chat is that it’s a bootstrap for getting lots of RSS feeds to play well together, for both posts and replies. Can the web be the social network? Yes. And Micro.blog should be part of anything working toward that goal."#
I have Claude update me on all posts on both RSS.chat sites when we start for a day. I read them all when they're posted, but one was in German, which Claude automatically translated for me, and it's an interesting question. Which I have answered. #
I have Spectrum cable and they recently started unbundling the cable services they provide. So I have a bunch of streaming services that I never decided to follow, and haven't gotten in the habit of checking them. Not sure if I like this, but I certainly understand why the bill is so high and seems to always be going higher? Not sure why that is. But it's hard to get through to them. #
Anyway, one of those streaming services I get now is Paramount+ which is owned by the Ellisons, which I don't like, but they have a show that is really excellent esp if you like British crime stories, which I most definitely do, even if most of the actors are American, and it probably was recorded in Vancouver or in Queens. It's called, unimaginatively, The Agency, as in the Central Intelligence Agency. The story is fine, but what really sets it apart is the quality of the acting and production. Beautifully filmed, better to watch it on a nice big screen set with good audio. Two seasons only, but if you want to know the kind of TV I like, this is it. #
I see the new Game of Thrones series just completed it third season. I tried getting into it, and couldn't. But then I didn't get going in the original series for the first few attempts. People say this show is good, so I will probably give it another try. #
Linkblog items for the day
Dr. Phil and a Texas Oil Firm Go to Greenland With a Suspicious Agenda. Signs Point to Trump’s Imperialist Visions.

talkingpointsmemo.com
2016: Fat protocols and venture capital.

scripting.com
Meta/Facebook Building Search Engine, Crawling Web.

seroundtable.com
Roman shipwreck with 500 amphorae found off coast of Sicily.

theguardian.com
Copyright 1994-2026 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 8/11/2026, 11:33:02 AM Eastern.
"This aggression will not stand."
This blog has been running for: 31 years, 10 months, 3 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes, 2 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

中华人民共和国2023年国民经济和社会发展统计公报

Fw: Scripting News: Thursday, July 20, 2023

Dynamic Parameters in Oracle APEX REST Data Source Synchronizations