Scripting News: Sunday, August 16, 2026

Brent Simmons posted a note in RSS.chat about how to connect with NetNewsWire. I have a fairly detailed response, that says dynamic OPML is the way to go. I know serving it publicly will be a problem, that's why we're going to move FeedLand into position to solve that. FreshRSS, InoReader and my own FeedLand already support it. It feels like this is getting established. I still want a podcast client to work here. I've pitched a few of them. Will continue. #
Sometimes I need to use a Google-style search engine to find something on a reference site. That no longer works in Google. This is a major feature pullback. So far all we've heard in journalism is how it hurts their bottom line, but nothing about the world's information architecture. This is something like every bridge in the world being blown up at the same time, and I don't think that's an exaggeration. #
Linkblog items for the day
This is something like every bridge in the world being blown up at the same time, and I don't think that's an exaggeration. scripting.com
The Trump administration is building a growing detention archipelago overseas, often in unstable or autocratic countries. And in cases like Mosquera’s, it’s turning deportation into a form of indefinite imprisonment with no legal recourse. nytimes.com
Anthropic’s ‘Watermark’ Text Adulteration in Claude Is a Perversion of Writing.

daringfireball.net
Remembering San Francisco’s KKSF.

sjl.us
Can public media build its own social network? Chicago Public Media teams up with New_ Public to try.

niemanlab.org
The 50 Best Thriller Books of the 21st Century .

nytimes.com
Manton loves Computer History feature in ChatGPT.

manton.org
Europe’s Great Rivers Are Dying. The Continent Is In for a Shock.

nytimes.com
Copyright 1994-2026 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 8/17/2026, 12:00:05 AM Eastern.
"Wear a mask."
This blog has been running for: 31 years, 10 months, 9 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 5 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

中华人民共和国2023年国民经济和社会发展统计公报

Fw: Scripting News: Thursday, July 20, 2023

Dynamic Parameters in Oracle APEX REST Data Source Synchronizations