Scripting News: Thursday, September 3, 2026

  • 1. I love puzzles.#
  • 2. I love Rube Goldberg contraptions.#
  • 3. I love solving problems (I have an inner-Columbo).#
  • 4. People are the biggest piece of the puzzle (again Columbo).#
  • 5. It teaches me about myself and my limited vision and imagination (if I had unlimited vision and imagination, I would never program a bug, and if I did it would take me 0 seconds to find it).#
  • 6. I yearn to work together with great minds. Programming gives me that, when I use someone's API. And when the API anticipates my needs, and is instantly understandable, I feel the soul of another artist is present. I imagine this is how musicians feel when they play another musician's song or symphony.#
  • I'm sure there's more to it. But today I'm working on a "lite" problem, and I'll figure it out, but right now I'm enjoying the fact that I don't get it. #
  • Back to work Dave!#
Linkblog items for the day
Gloria Steinem, Personification of the Women’s Movement, Dies at 92.

nytimes.com
Preparing for a post-Trump internet.

pluralistic.net
Copyright 1994-2026 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 9/4/2026, 12:00:03 AM Eastern.
"One way is better than two, no matter how much better the second is."
This blog has been running for: 31 years, 10 months, 27 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes, 3 seconds.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

中华人民共和国2023年国民经济和社会发展统计公报

Fw: Scripting News: Thursday, July 20, 2023

Scripting News: Saturday, January 10, 2026