Scripting News: Monday, January 22, 2024

Today's song: Take me back to Tulsa. #
I've been writing and talking about the idea of a typical tech industry mess and left out the one I had a hand in creating, SOAP. Started out simple, and over years it turned into a TTIM. Perfect example. Someone should study it, to figure out why Sun, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle et al wanted a protocol for interop and invested years in it, and yet it returned little in the way of interop. I know that XML-RPC is still in use, I imagine that SOAP probably is too, in some form. I wonder how it shook out. On the other hand RSS wasn't turned into a nightmare, and has become a productive tech industry mess, the most unusual thing ever, a true unicorn. #
Doc will like this. Right now there are four hits on Goog for typical tech industry mess. #
I re-watched Silver Linings Playbook over the weekend. I love Jennifer Lawrence, and this is a pure JL showcase. But the best moment was stolen by Robert DeNiro who is batshit crazy like most of the characters in the movie when he tells his son in two sentences about our purpose on the planet, which of course is to love Jennifer Lawrence. ❤️#
Why isn't there a karaoke website where I can sing along with Ripple with the lyrics scrolling by. Could we do it together over the internet? It probably doesn't exist because of Hollywood tightasses. But surely there must be some uncopyrighted music we could try this. Hey I bet it actually exists. Send me a link.#
For some reason only now am I realizing the incredible sing-along qualities of Grateful Dead songs like St Stephen or Uncle John's Band. #

Linkblog items for the day.

Let it A, Let it B, Let it C, Let it D. youtube.com
2017: "Trump was a free man until he took the oath." scripting.com
How to Steal the Presidential Election. #credible nytimes.com
Knowledge Management for the win. zeldman.com
Ford's new 48-inch digital dashboard is a lot of Android for one car. theverge.com
Will a Trump Trial Happen in Time? politicalwire.com
Copyright 1994-2024 Dave Winer.
This email was sent on: 1/23/2024, 12:00:01 AM Eastern.
"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends."
This blog has been running for: 29 years, 3 months, 17 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes, 1 second.
How to subscribe. Read on the web. Click here to unsubscribe.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Scripting News: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Scripting News: Tuesday, February 13, 2024